Thursday, September 4, 2008

Shoulder update

Well, the good news is, I am NOT crazy. I had my MRI yesterday morning and by 2:00 p.m. I had the results. Throughout this whole ordeal, my biggest fear has been that they could find no reason for the pain. I have a tear in my rotator cuff, a tear in something else that I can't remember the name of and a good case of capsulitis (aka frozen shoulder). In my research, I have seen frozen shoulder described as your body making an abundant supply of scar tissue in the shoulder joint. My chiropractor says a lot of times the body does this to actually protect the injured area. So I am waiting for an appointment to see an orthopedic doctor, not the one I had seen before. In the meantime, nothing seems to be helping with the pain, it just keeps getting worse. But I shall plug along, although not at my normal speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment