Sunday, October 18, 2009

Toe Woes

It seems the toes around here are just not safe. Two weeks ago Tuesday, hubs came home at lunch to clean out the gutter (we had a major leak in the kitchen) and Sadie severly dislocated her toe while on his watch. The toe had completely folded over and was stuck in the next toe. So we were at the vet every day for bandage changes. One day she used orange vet wrap, so I decided to get festive and make a pumpkin face. So at the next bandage change, they tried to out do mine. Here is my sweet girl Sadie being a good sport.

Well, the bandage came off last Monday and we thought we were out of the woods. But Friday proved differently. She started licking the foot and upon examination, there was an infection in there. Now during all this she had been on anti-biotic, but after a day and half, she got violently ill. So we had to discontinue that treatment. After an anti-biotic injection, and keeping the bandage changed daily and keeing it dry, we thought we were out of the woods. So now we are trying a different anti-biotic and cleaning the wound 3 times a day. Keep your paws crossed that this takes care of it.

To my loyal followers, I must apologize for my lack of posting. It just seems that I am really lacking motivation to do anything these days. My dogs seem to be my only interest right now. Most of you know how much I love Halloweeen, but I just can't get into it this year. I don't have my decorating done and can't get any inspiration to do it. Things are just out of whack right now.

2 comments:

  1. I guess so with a sick pup! I don't blame you. Poor little thing. Hope she's better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auchhhhhh! I see what you meant in your comment on my blog!!! We can both feel sympathy for each other!! I wish I was at my sister's in Indiana, I would drive over and give you a hug!
    I'm smiling because I realize that you really do understand. LOL

    ReplyDelete