Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Rain, Rain, PLEASE Go Away!

I know I will regret saying that out loud come August. Seriously, we have had record breaking rainfall here in Southern Indiana. Not to mention the weather radio going off at 2:00 a.m. this morning with a tornado warning specifically for my little town of Newburgh. We are located in Southern Indiana along the Ohio River. Let me tell you, old man river is very angry right now. We are expecting water to continue to rise and they are preparing the flood wall in Evansville. News media is calling this "catastrophic". Not to mention, the very back of my property is in the flood plain. It has never come close to the house, but if we keep getting rain, it might. Be praying for those of us who live here. Some towns are evacuating. I worry about families with animals, almost all shelters don't allow pets...


Yes, that street sign says Waterworks Road. Photo courtesy of courierpress.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment