Saturday, June 14, 2008

June 14, 2008

For the second Saturday in a row, I have wound up at the Village Mercantile in Boonville. A great quilting shop on the square in downtown Boonville, Indiana. This shop has so many great fabrics and patterns, I could spend days there. I am trying to finish projects that I have either started or have the pattern for. So today's journey finds me looking for felt to finish the pennies for my Button Weeds pattern. I think I finally have all the fabric and felt I need to finish this piece.

My youngest daughter Megan asked me this morning, "mom just how many quilting projects do you have started?". Well, I don't know how many projects I have started, I am just trying to finish what I have going. I can't believe that I actually got out of the Mercantile with just the things that I needed. That is most unusual. I normally find some little piece of fabric that catches my eye that I must have for my stash. But not today. Next stop, Wal-mart. Nothing creative there, just drop a bunch of money on groceries and household items.

A little later in the afternoon, I did manage to spend some time with my oldest daughter Jennifer. Since she has moved out, I don't see her nearly as much as I would like. Even though her house is just 2 doors down from the shop that I work at, she is usually at work when I am at work. Our trip included a stop at Target, Gordman's and Michaels. Target was not much for me today. Gordmans was also a total bust. I did find a picture there that I am trying to get the girls to buy me. A belated mother's day gift. We shall see. I have had my eye on this print for a while now. Michaels, I picked up a bag of river pebbles to put in the bottom of my mason jars for flower arrangements.

Tomorrow is father's day. I will be missing my dad dearly tomorrow. No calls for me to make. This one will be tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment