Saturday, June 21, 2008

Super Saturday

Well, as the saying goes, "the best laid plans go astray". I had intended to sew today, but then my Megan says, "mom, want to go to Joann's and Hobby Lobby with me?". Well, off we went. Yarn, fabric, beading, scrapbooking, you name it. I always come up with such great ideas while I am out and about. By the time I get home, they are gone with the wind.

I did purchase a really cool strawberry pot at the local Joann Fabrics. I will try to get it planted and post a picture tomorrow. I am using it for some hens and chicks that a friend gave me. These puppies are so hardy. They have been laying in the newspaper that we put them in to bring them home. They look great. I hope they don't die once I get them planted.

My purchases at Hobby Lobby included some embroidery floss for a felted wool project, some jewelry findings and a sweet little log cabin charm. After a quick trip to Target for some essentials, we met up with Jenn, my oldest daughter, at a local pizza place for some dinner. I do love spending time with my girls.

I am going to finish my "patriotic" decor outside tomorrow. Watch for pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment