Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Where I Do Laundry (Part 1)

I have been working on my laundry room for several months now. It is a very generous sized room measuring 12 feet by 13 feet. Lots of room for dirty clothes in here. Of course, I had to convince hubby to put down linoleum, that had to be his idea. That is one reason it took so long to get things done. Do you notice that men have to have several hours to do a project. They also have to think about it forever and make a plan. Not us women. Like this morning, I finished hanging up pictures and making a curtain. All done before I went to work. I will have to do this in a couple of posts, so check back soon.

I made this rack from old clothespins and an old piece of wood. It came out of my neighbors house, it used to be under the plaster. I think it is called lathe??? Anyway, I thought it would serve as a place to hang up the sock that is missing its mate. Of course, it may never be found. But darn it when I do, I will know where the other one is.
My collection of stretchers. I had the glove forms for a long time, but have been adding to my collection for a couple of months.
Next to my rack with the stretchers on it is my coat rack. Well, I use it mostly for leashes and muzzles. Plus it has a chalk board for reminders. Right by the back door.

This wall has a couple of wash boards that were my husband's great grandmothers. The clock is an old clock that I had that I revamped. I will show you the up close in the next post. I better get ready for work. Have a good day!

1 comment:

  1. I have a collection of sock stretchers, glove stretcher, and mitten stretchers too! I hope some day to have a laundry room like yours - right now it's in an unfinished basement and I call it the black hole!

    ReplyDelete