Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thursday Fun

Today, my friend Lori and I went on a little road trip. Our final destination was The Stitching Post in Washington, Indiana. Along the way, we stopped at an antique mall and another gift shop called Graceful Lady. Oh yeah, I almost forgot our stop at a little hole in the wall ice cream shop in Vincennes, Indiana called "Zip n Sip". They serve flavored soft serve ice cream. I must say it is about the best ice cream I have had in a really long time.


I needed to go back to The Stitching Post to purchase another 5" charm pack. This is a Christmas pattern by Moda. I only purchased one the first time.
I also purchased coordinating fabric for the border and block centers. These charm packs are my new favorite. Already cut and ready to go. This is the pattern I am going to use to make my Christmas quilt.


Thanks to Lori, I also finished filling up my frequent shopper card and I get $15.00 off my next purchase. Yippee! Sounds like a good reason to go there again soon.


As usual, I have several projects going. I have been trying hard to not start anything new until I get some of my UFOs (un finished objects) done. I have had this project on my list of things I wanted to do for some time now. The red and white quilt in the right of the picture. I have the magazine that has the pattern in it though. I love red and white. I did manage to get about half of the blocks pieced tonight. Hopefully I can get the rest of it pieced soon. I should be working outside if the weather is nice, but we all know how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment