Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Things to Do!

Do you ever have those days where you think, "why did I even get out of bed?". I have had a couple of those lately. I think I have come to the conclusion that it is time to do things for ME. For almost 48 years now, I have done everything for everybody else. When I was younger, I did it for my parents. When I got married, I did everything for my spouse. And then when I had kids, well lets just say I have spent the last 27 years doing everything for them. Do they stop their life and consider all the stuff I have done for them? NO WAY. Sorry, I don't mean to sound like I am having a pitty party (perhaps I am though), just some realizations that I have made lately.

Of course, I don't have a camera today, but I got my floor painted the base coat and I am going to stencil today. Hubs is out of town until Saturday and I am going to get this project done while he is gone. Went to Lowes Sunday and got my quart of black paint. Put a fresh coat of paint on the walls while I was at it too. Now I have to go to the garage and see if there is any polyurethane left. If not I will pick some up when I go to pick up Dixie at the vet. I will get pictures tonight of the floor!

2 comments:

  1. I love what you are doing to your floor.
    I can relate to the always caring for, giving to, doing things for others...my hubby, my children, my parents, my students...
    And while I actually like to do it...there are moments when I think I would just like someone to take care of me for a while!!
    Have a relaxing Sunday and Happy Summer ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete