Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wednesday Woes

I seem to be posting so much lately about depressing things. A couple of posts ago I mentioned the big "c". Yes, cancer. Well, it has claimed yet another life. My daughter's boyfriend's father passed away last night. Just 2 weeks since he found out that the "devil" was eating away at his body. I believe him to be 52 years old. He leaves behind a wife and 2 young sons. I was reflecting last night and thinking about the boys, not to mention my daughter, and I realized that we were that age (23 years ago) when my husband's mother died suddenly. You never get over death, you learn to live with the loss, but you still miss your loved one. It is so hard to believe that daddy died almost 9 months ago too. I will never get over that. I miss him so much.

1 comment:

  1. My heart goes out to you and the son and family of your friend who died. It is never easy. I lost my brother almost 2 years ago at the age of 48. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete