Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Trash To Treasure

As I sit here looking out the window at the ice and snow, I remembered it was Tuesday. That means Trash to Treasure hosted by Diane at A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words. Since I am being a lazy slug and don't have to go to work today, I looked around and found something right off the bat.

The littlest bear in this picture is my contribution for this week. I had this old coat of my grandmothers' for the longest time. I finally cut it up and some years later made bears out of it. Mind you, it isn't real fur, just some inexpensive coat that she had. I made one for myself and one for my sister. He is jointed and everything. Oh those were the days, when I seemed to get lots accomplished. I sure don't know what happened!

9 comments:

  1. What treasures you turned your grandmother's coat into! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Ms. Hare! I am awed at how adorable that bear is! And what is even more inspiring is that you MADE him! And that he is made out of your grandmother's coat makes him even more special. I also love that doll and the other bear who are keeping him company.

    Love this so much!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet offering for T to T...what memories that little bear holds for you. ;-) Bo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are extremely talented and clever. Thanks for sharing. Happy T2T day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a wonderful post. Her coat can go on and continue to give joy and warmth.
    He (and the others must of) looks darling! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea...the most special bear in the world! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh I wish I was that talented.
    Love you doll and YouR BEAR


    Smiles,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that little bear is a real treasure indeed! Thanks for linking to Trash to Treasure!

    ReplyDelete