Monday, December 22, 2008

It's Monday!


What a way to start the week. My poor Tom dog is sick. We had a miserable night last night. He was not acting normal yesterday afternoon, but all the dogs here have been kind of goofy for the past couple of days. Anyway, every 5 minutes, he was getting up and moving. So as soon as the vet opened this morning, we were there. X-rays showed air in his stomach and for a greyhound, that can mean bloat. Not good. They did bloodwork, still waiting on results. Can't get him to urinate. But the second x-ray showed the air is almost moved out and he is feeling better. Hopefully by the time I get there at 3:00 they can get a specimen. So we really don't know what is going on. Maybe the bloodwork will tell us something. I can't wait to get him home.
P.s. This is my 100th post. I was hoping for some type of celebration, but just can't get my mind on anything else right now.
P.p.s Tom is home and resting now. Appears to have been bloat, but his stomach had not twisted yet. We are very thankful for his caregivers. They are wonderful at our vets office. Still waiting for blood test results and a urine test. Keeping my fingers crossed for good results!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Tom. Well my GC's doggies (Tippy and Oreo) send well wishes to Tom.

    ReplyDelete