Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Second Time Around Tuesday

Thanks to Diane at A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words for hosting Second Time Around Tuesday. I have missed the past couple of weeks, but this week I am prepared.

I have had my eye out for the small oak pre-school type chairs for a while now. I got this one for $2.00 at the Men's Rescue Mission Thrift Store.

My goal is to have one for each of my greyhounds. Greyhounds are a breed that are prone to bloat and it is suggested that they eat from a raised feeder. So I had my husband cut a hole in the bottom of the chair to put the bowl in. I still need a couple more chairs. I have two that are a lot shorter than this one, so I am not sure if I want to use them or not. I want to paint each chair a different color and put the dogs' name on each one. Well, someday, anyway. Thanks for visiting!


6 comments:

  1. Don't tell the pups...but this post is the cats meow for CREATIVE...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well,it's a cute chair.i would never guess thats what you wanted it for.haha I have birds,haha.
    I was just thinking,EVERYTIME I buy anything my dh says what do want that for?I would love to tell him,to put the dogs bowl in.haha...Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly, my eyes are playing tricks on me ... First I saw a preschool chair. Preschool = little tiny kids, so I managed to read "greyhounds" as "grandkids" -- oh my! -- and the sentence became "My goal is to have one for each of my grandkids ..."

    And my eyes flicked down to the next pic before reading any further, and you just KNOW that I suddenly saw a funky homemade potty chair. Well gosh, I thought, are they gonna line 'em up on the porch for all those grandkids or ???

    At any rate, you have a terrific husband to cut holes in chairs for you, no matter what you really plan to do with them.

    And if you were to ask my mother-in-law, she'd tell you that my kids -- her grandkids -- are, indeed, subject to bloating every now and then :o)

    Victoria
    30 Days of Junkin' in April

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle,
    This is a great use for the chairs!

    Thanks so much for being a part of 2nd Time Around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for your pups! Please share again so we can see them when you've got them done with their names on them! Lucky doggies!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete