Saturday, July 18, 2009

County Fair Ribbons

It is so hard to believe that the county fair has already come and gone. I always think I am going to have so much to exhibit, and then never really do. This year I entered what I call my Christmas Sheep quilt. This is one of the few that I have actually hand quilted myself. I just took a couple of close up shots, this is a pretty big quilt. I received a blue ribbon for this quilt.


This little tote bag was something I started last summer. Of course, true to the 4-H way, I finished it up the night before I had to turn it into the fair. I am not so crazy about how it turned out. But I got a blue ribbon on this bag and it also won the grand champion in this particular category.

Next up is a Santa that I painted on a pelt board. Trappers used these boards to nail their pelts on to dry. He is a fisherman Santa. I had to take the picture outside, the flash kept putting bright spots on it. The little whale is jumping through a green wreath. I got a blue ribbon on this as well.

And last but not least. My absolute favorite exhibit. My finger.

I mean, my finger spreader! I think this looks so real. I used flesh colored Sculpey clay, with an artificial fingernail. I think this will be so much fun for Halloween! I got a blue ribbon on this too. I hope the judge remembers this for a long time.



P.S. 17 posts left until my give away!


4 comments:

  1. love it all and yeah that finger does look real!!!. congrats on the blue ribbons.. you did a wonderful job..;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you special? Good to know that I have a "Ribboned" friend. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WooHoo, you go, girl! Congrats on all the well deserved blue ribbons!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. You won so many blue ribbons. The quilt is lovely. The finger spreader sure does look real. That'll be fun at hallowe'en. Thank you for sharing and I'm sure you had lots of fun!
    Judi

    ReplyDelete