Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Homemade Soup for A Fall Night!

The weather turned cool here, so I thought soup sounded good for dinner. Man, did it hit the spot! Here is my recipe.

Broccoli Potato Soup

Peel potatoes and cut into cubes. Cook until done. Clean one head fresh broccoli and cook. Put to the side. Then mix together: 8 Ounces margarine and 1 Cup Flour in saucepan to make a roux (aka paste). Slowly add to this mixture 1 Quart Chicken Broth and 1 Quart Milk. Cook till thickened to your liking. Then add the potatoes and broccoli. I like to add a big hunk of cheese and some sour cream. Scoop in a bowl and top with some grated cheese and bacon bits. Yum, yum.

You can also use the recipe for just potatoes or broccoli, but I like the together. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. oh this sounds so good on a cold night..brocolli is going on my list..:) have lots of potatoes from our garden..thanks for sharing..:)

    ReplyDelete