Monday, August 10, 2009

Day Out With A Friend

Today was a great Monday. I got the day off and a friend of mine and I headed East towards Louisville. Our first stop was Hollyhock Quilt Shop in Corydon, Indiana. I picked up a few fat quarters for my stash. Second stop was Among Friends in Louisville, Kentucky. I picked up these patterns:
That store is really awesome. They had so much fabric. I couldn't decide. So I just got the patterns. Our third stop was a little shop called Forget Me Not. They had some nice fabrics, but I managed to get out of there with just a few fat quarters. It amazes that no matter how many quilt stores you go in, they all have such a variety of fabrics. No two are alike. I am looking for a pattern to make a Halloween quilt. Of course, something fast and easy would be great.
The trip wouldn't have been complete without a great meal. We stopped at Joe's Crab Shack. The cool thing about this particular restaurant is that is right on the Ohio River. We sat there and watched the storm come through. Of course, that made for a crummy drive home, it was a downpour most of the time. But a good time was had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment