Monday, August 17, 2009

Western Beans

Sorry, haven't been bloggin' much lately. It has been so hot and humid here. Besides, I am just feeling kind of blue lately. We had a birthday dinner for my mom yesterday. I have this recipe for Western Beans that I thought I would share with you. It is almost a meal in itself. Enjoy!



1/2 pound ground beef

1/2 pound bacon, chopped

1 onion, chopped

1 green pepper, chopped

1/2 t. pepper

Brown and drain above, then add:

1/3 c. brown sugar

1/3 c. sugar

1/4 c. ketchup

1/4 c. barbecue sauce

15 oz. red kidney beans, drained

15 oz. pork & beans

15 oz. chili beans

15 oz. butter beans, drained

2 T. yellow mustard

2 T. honey

1/2 t. chili powder

1 t. salt



Mix well, pour in baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment