Thursday, January 6, 2011

Blog Block of the Month?

Been thinking about something. I am not participating in the block of the month club at my local quilt shop this year. I wasn't really crazy about what she had picked out. Now I am willing to try new things, but I just didn't feel like putting all that time into something I wasn't crazy about.

So, here's my question. Are there any of my followers who would be interested in doing a block of the month with me on-line? You can invite your friends as well.

Always being fascinated with the civil war era, I think I will do a block each month pertaining to the quilts used for the underground railroad. My daughter bought me a book a couple of years ago and I haven't done anything with it!

My friend that I carpooled with for the last block of the month club are going to do this, so I thought I would see if anyone was interested. We are going to pick out our fabrics and do our blocks and not show each other until we have all of blocks done at the end of the year. It will be interesting to see how different our blocks will be.

Each month, I will post a picture of the block from the book along with the instructions. Then you then you choose your own fabrics. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. It's been awhile since I did any quilting, I'm not sure I could keep up, but I'll be watching what you do with great curiosity and attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't quilt, but I love quilts. I would love to see what you do.

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a quilter, but I'm absolutely fascinated by the thought of doing a block of the month based off of civil war quilts from the Underground Railroad. I'd love to see how that turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are your referring to the Elenaor Burns Book regarding the underground railrooad. If so I bought that book last year and like to do this BOM. I keep looking at it in my to do pile, but have not purchased the fabric that I would use.

    ReplyDelete