Monday, July 14, 2008

County Fair Time

It is that time of year again. The smell of funnel cakes,walking tacos, cheese sticks and various other fattening foods is in the air. You guessed it, the county fair. Now that my kids are done with 4-H, I have joined a homemakers club. AKA, 4-H for grown ups. I had a few projects to pick from that I had finished. I had even more that were just a little something from being finished. But, leave them for next year. Here are some of my items that I will be exhibiting.

My felt pumpkin table square. The pumpkins and pennies are stitched on using the blanket stitch.

My quilted table runner/wallhanging. I machine pieced this and hand quilted it. I had the leaf/nest piece of fabric for several years and finally, something sparked my creative juices. Just goes to show you, that piece of fabric you just had to have, can actually make it out of the stash and into a project.


 
Then there is THE PUMPKIN. I actually finished this a while back, but the Homemaker rules state that as long as it has not been exhibited before, and was made by the homemaker, you can exhibit it at any time. This bugger took me FOREVER to finish. Hope it wins a blue ribbon.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, I love the things you made. You're so talented. I hope you win blue ribbons, too.

    I am so not talented at anything involving a needle. i really admire people like you.

    ReplyDelete